“Confucius Institute Scholarship Program” of Ludong University Full Scholarship5 months ago - Language - Yantai - 141 views Tuition Fees: Yes Accommodation: Yes Travel Expense: No Monthly Stipend: Yes
In order to support the development of Confucius Institutes, facilitate Chinese language promotion and Chinese cultural transmission in the world, cultivate qualified Chinese language teachers and talented students of Chinese language, Hanban/Confucius Institute Headquarters (hereinafter referred to as Hanban) launches the “Confucius Institute Scholarship” program to provide financial aid for students, scholars and Chinese language teachers worldwide to proceed to study in such majors as Chinese Language and Literature.
I. Scholarship Category and Application Requirement
The category of scholarship includes Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Students and Scholarship for One-Semester Students. The number of recruitment is respectively 8 and 15. Applicants shall be non-Chinese citizens aged between 16 and 35 (Chinese language teachers shall be aged below 45).
1. Scholarship for One-Academic Year Students. The scholarship is provided to outstanding students of Confucius Institutes (Classrooms), outstanding performers on HSK, winners of the “ Chinese Bridge ” Chinese Proficiency Competitions for Foreign College Students and for Foreign High School Students, Chinese language teachers worldwide, and outstanding graduates of Chinese language across the world, or those who intend to become Chinese teachers. The scholarship winner may choose to study majors of Chinese Language and Literature. The time of entrance is autumn （September 3）and the grant term is one academic year. Applicants should complete their study at a Confucius Institute for over 120 hours, or achieve a score of at least 180 on the new HSK (level 3).
2. Scholarship for One-Semester Students. The scholarship is provided to outstanding students of Confucius Institutes (Classrooms), outstanding performers on HSK, winners of the “ Chinese Bridge ” Chinese Proficiency Competitions for Foreign College Students and for Foreign High School Students, Chinese language teachers worldwide, and outstanding students of Chinese language across the world. The scholarship winner may choose to study majors of Chinese Language and Literature. The time of entrance is autumn or Spring 2013 and the grant term is one semester. Applicants should complete their study at a Confucius Institute for over 60 hours, or achieve a score of at least 120 on the new HSK (level 2).
II. Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
Scholarship winners are exempt from registration fees, tuition, fees for basic learning materials, accommodation fees on campus, and are provided with a one-off resettlement subsidy, monthly allowance, outpatient medical service and comprehensive insurance for foreign students studying inChina . Monthly allowance is RMB 1400. One-off resettlement subsidy is RMB1500 for one-year students. The one-off resettlement subsidy will not be provided to those who have studied in China for more than half a year before being enrolled.
III. Recruitment Procedures
1. From the issue date of the Procedures, applicants should log on to the Confucius Institute Scholarship website at http://cis.chinese.cn, set up an individual account, read information and fill in "Ludong University" as host institutes, complete and submit the Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form (see Attachment 1) online, print out the Form and submit it to their recommending institution along with other application materials (see Article 4). All the documents can be mailed to us, or make photocopies and emailed to us.
2. Confucius Institutes (independently set-up Confucius Classrooms), overseas Chinese test centers, educational and cultural offices (sections) of Chinese embassies (consulates), host institutes and institutions of higher education in those countries with no Confucius Institutes are entrusted by Hanban as the recommending institutions.
The recommending institutions shall exam the qualification and application materials of applicants, and recommend outstanding applicants. Recommending institutions shall send the application materials of qualified applicants (e-scanning copy or original copy) to Ludong University and submit the candidate name list (see Attachment 2) to Hanban by May 10th,
3. Ludong University are responsible for reviewing the qualification of applicants and submitting the proposed enrollment name list of qualified candidates to Hanban by June 5th
4. Hanban will organize an expert panel to make the final selection and publish the name list of successful applicants on the Scholarship website by June 30th, which will be informed to applicants through recommending institutions.
5. Ludong University will mail “Admission Notice”, “Enrollment Instructions”, “Visa Application Form for Foreigners to Study in China ” (JW202 Form) and other related materials to successful applicants through their recommending institutions by July 10th.
IV. Application Documents
Applicants shall submit the following documents:
1. Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form
2. Photocopy of Passport Photo Page
3. Application Statement: stating applicant's Chinese language learning background, study plan and aim in China It shall be written in Chinese and no less than 800 words.
4.Registration Certification of Confucius Institute or Photocopy of New HSK Result Report。
5. Diploma and Transcripts. Applicants shall submit transcripts and notarized highest education diplomas attained or proof of study.
6. Reference Letter. Students attending Chinese language programs of universities in countries with no Confucius Institutes established shall attach a reference letter signed and issued by the university President.
7. Applications under the age of 18 shall submit relevant legal documents of entrusted legal guardians in China .
8. Winners of the finals of the“Chinese Bridge” Chinese Proficiency Competitions for...