Hainan Provincial Government International Student Scholarship Full Scholarship5 months ago - Language - Haikou - 73 views Tuition Fees: Yes Accommodation: Yes Travel Expense: No Monthly Stipend: Yes
Hainan University is a comprehensive key university of Hainan Province, which was merged with the former South China University of Tropical Agriculture and the former Hainan University in August, 2007. And it is jointly constructed by Hainan provincial government, the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Finance.It is a State Key University of “211 Project”, a State Key University of Midwest China “One Province, One University” Project, and a “Double First-Class” university project in Discipline Construction. Hainan University is entrusted with enrolling international students sponsored by the Chinese government. Prospective students and scholars from foreign countries are welcome to apply for the Hainan Provincial Government Scholarship to study at Hainan University.
I . Supporting Categories
The Hainan Provincial Government International Students Scholarship is for prospective international students who wish to study at Hainan University for a bachelor's degree, master’s degree or doctoral degree. The scholarship is only for new students, it is unavailable for students who wish to apply to study their native language or a third country language including literature such as English, French etc.
II. Scholarship Coverage
Hainan Provincial Government International Students Scholarship covers: tuition fee, accommodation fee on campus (two students share a room), registration fee, medical and accidental Insurance at Hainan University. The applicant is responsible for all other fees.
Note: Only about 10% admitted students might get the allotted monthly living allowance stipend with the approval from the Hainan Province Education Department.
III. Where and When to Apply
Where to Apply: Please consult and submit the application documents to the Office for International Students’ Admissions & Scholarships Program, College of International Cultural Exchange, Hainan University.
When to Apply: Between March 1 and April 1.
To be eligible, applicants should:
l be a foreign passport holder
l be in good health
l be a high school graduate under the age of 30 when applying for undergraduate programs; be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for postgraduate programs; be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
l Language Requirements: A HSK level 3 certificate is required for applicants of undergraduate major programs in Chinese language. A HSK level 4 certificate is required for applicants for other programs.
V. Application Documents（in duplicate）
Applicants must fill in the following documents truthfully in Chinese or in English.
1. Application Form for Hainan Provincial Government International Student Scholarship.
2. Photocopy of the passport (and a photocopy of the Visa page is required if you already have a visa).
3. Notarized highest diploma attained & Academic Transcripts; if the applicant is a campus student, he has to submit an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date, the original certificate should be provided after admission. If the applicant is an employer, he has to submit a Certificate of Incumbency issued by the unit or company which he’s working for.
4. HSK Test certificate (if any) or documents which are able to prove the Chinese ability of the applicant.
5. Original copy and a photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by the Chinese quarantine authority).
6. Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English.
7. Applicants for master’s degree or doctoral degree studies must provide the Plan of study or research in China (minimum 1000 words for the master’s degree applicants, and minimum 1500 words for the doctoral degree applicants).
8. Certificate of No Criminal Record.
9. Published articles (if any).
Note: Whether the application is successful or not, the application documents will not be returned.
VI. Approval and Notification
1. Hainan University will review the application documents and decide on the candidates.
2. Nominated candidates will be officially awarded the Hainan Government Scholarship with the approval from the Hainan Province Education Department.
3. Scholarship students must go to Hainan University to register on the date stipulated by the university. Students who have not received prior permission and arrive late for this process will have their Scholarship status automatically cancelled.