ATHLETIC FINANCIAL AWARDS Of McMaster University - 2019 Tuition Fees Waiver1 month ago - Sports - Hamilton - 4 views Tuition Fees: Yes Accommodation: No Travel Expense: No Monthly Stipend: No
The following OUA & U SPORTS policies are required for recipients:
- Value: The maximum amount of tuition and fees up to $4,500 for ALL financial awards that contain an athletic component (this includes any bursaries or other athletic awards – i.e. Ron Joyce Award of Athletes – distributed by Student Financial Aid & Scholarship).
- Eligibility for Award: Student-athletes must be listed on the eligibility certificate.
- Final admission average is 80% or above
- Awards requirements are outlined in the student’s Memorandum of Understanding.
- A minimum 6.5 GPA in all enrolled courses within subsequent academic years (September – August).
- More information: financial support for athletes
McMaster University resulted from the outgrowth of educational initiatives undertaken by Baptists as early as the 1830s. It was founded in 1881 as Toronto Baptist College. Canadian Senator William McMaster, the first president of the Canadian Bank of Commerce, bequeathed funds to endow a university, which was incorporated through a merger of Toronto Baptist College and Woodstock College, Woodstock, Ontario. In 1887 the Act to unite Toronto Baptist College and Woodstock College was granted royal assent, and McMaster University was officially incorporated.