Chinese Government Scholarship of Harbin Institute of Technology Full Scholarship1年前 - Uncategorized - Harbin - 247 views Tuition Fees: Yes Accommodation: Yes Travel Expense: No Monthly Stipend: Yes
Founded in 1920, Harbin Institute of Technology has developed into an open, multidisciplinary, research-oriented, leading national university with science and engineering as its core, encompassing management, liberal arts, economy and law as a whole. In 2009, HIT became a member of Top 9 (C9) in China. HIT is now well on its way towards achieving the goal of being a world—class university, which is a leading engineering university ranks in the world’s Top 6 in US News 2018.
Ⅰ. Application Duration
Applicants should post their applications in time to the College of International Education (hereinafter referred to as CIE) of HIT from October 15 to December 31 each year.
Note: The delivery date will be regarded as the date of application.
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese nationality in good health.
2. Educational background required and age limit:
Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35; Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
3. Excellent performance in study.
4. Applicants should have good ability in scientific research.
Note: The scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship.
Ⅲ. Details of the Scholarship
1. Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, and accommodation fee;
2. 800 RMB per year for Comprehensive Medical Insurance;
3. Monthly stipend is granted to the students at the following rates:
Master’s degree candidate: 3,000 RMB/month
Doctoral degree candidate: 3,500 RMB/month
1. Within the scholarship duration, scholarship students who registered at CIE on time will receive a stipend from their host university each month. Students registering on or before the 15th of the month will receive a full stipend of that month. Those who register after the 15th of the month will receive a half stipend of that month. Graduating students will receive stipend until half month after the graduation date. If registered student stays out of China for more than 15 days due to a personal reason（school holidays excluded）, the stipend will be stopped during the leaving.
2. Scholarship recipients of Chinese-taught programs without adequate Chinese proficiency should take Chinese language courses for one academic years to reach the language requirements of their host universities before moving on to their major studies. Failure to reach the required language proficiency will lead to the automatic termination of scholarship and the following major studies will be taught in Chinese. Scholarship recipients of the English-taught programs or those with adequate Chinese language proficiency do not need to take Chinese language courses.
3. Scholarship students who have to suspend their studies for illness should return to their home country for further treatment and rest. The international travel expenses of returning and coming back should be paid by their own. The students, who are allowed by the school authority to suspend their education, can remain their scholarship. The scholarship status will be reserved one year at most; however, the monthly living stipend will be stopped during the suspension of study. The scholarship status of the students who suspend their studies for acceptable reasons other than illness will be terminated.
4. Comprehensive Insurance for International students in China refers to the Comprehensive Medical Insurance insured by Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China （hereinafter referred to as MOE） for the scholarship students in China. The institution is entitled to ask for compensation with the payment receipts from the insurance company for the expenses generated from hospitalizing for serious diseases or accidental injury according to the stipulated insurance articles.
Ⅳ. Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
Categories of Applicants
Duration of Major Studies
Duration of Remedial Chinese Language Studies
Duration of Scholarship
Master’s Degree Students
Doctoral Degree Students
V. Application Materials and Procedures
The applicants need to provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate) and pay for the material assessment fee.
1. Application Form of Chinese Government Scholarship.
The CSC Online Application System is available at: http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/
Choose type B (HIT university code is 10213)
2. Highest full-time study diploma (notarized photocopy in English or Chinese).
The highest diploma and transcripts which should be notarized or the copy with the official stamp of university will be regarded effectively. If applicants are university students or already employed, they should provide pre-graduation certificate or employment certificate.
3. Transcripts (notarized photocopy in English or Chinese).
4. A study or research plan (no less than 800 words). The format can be downloaded from official website: http://www.studyathit.cn/en/academic/program/view?id=17
5. Two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors.
6. Passport copy (Valid for one year at least).
7. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form (website: http://www.studyathit.cn/en/academic/program/view?id=17). Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination result is generally valid for 6 months.
8. Bank Receipt of Material Assessment Fee: 60 USD or 400 RMB
Applicants should post the paper application materials with the copy of remittance receipt. Whether admitted or not, paper materials and material assessment fee is non-refundable, and the remittance fee shall be paid by the applicants.
Bank Name: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Harbin, Da Zhi Branch
Bank Address: 318 East Dazhi Street, Harbin, People’s Republic of China
Name: Harbin Institute of Technology
Account Number: 3500040109008900513
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The applicants need to prepare the application materials as the brochure listed. All the application materials should be in duplicate in printed hard paper form and post to Harbin Institute of Technology.
Address: Room 302, College of International Education, Harbin Institute of Technology, No.11 Siling Street, Nangang District, Harbin (150001), China
VI. Selection of Specialty
Website: http://www.studyathit.cn/en/academic/program/view?id=17 for more details.
VII. Teaching Language
All doctoral degree programs are taught in English or Chinese (except Sociology). Master degree programs are generally taught in Chinese, except the English programs of Management, Material Science, Civil Engineering, Mechanic Engineering, Electronics and Chemical Engineering & Life Science and Technology. Applicant with no command of Chinese is required to take one-year Chinese language course and need to pass HSK 4 to continue the following major studies taught in Chinese. For programs taught in English, applicant whose native language is not English should submit an English proficiency certificate, a score above 80 for TOEFL or 5.5 for IELTS, and certificate from former university is also acceptable.
VIII. Approval and Notification
1. HIT will review all the application materials and is authorized to make necessary adjustments on specialties and duration of study. The application will be regarded as invalid and will not be processed if the applicants are not qualified or the application materials are inconsistent with the recruitment regulations or incomplete.
2. Applicants are encouraged to contact the professor prior to application and please enclose the acceptance letter from supervisors of HIT.
3. Applicants accepted by HIT will be officially awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship with endorsement from CSC and submitted to MOE for the record.
4. Applicants are not permitted to change their supervisors，specialties, institutions, or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice after registration.
5. HIT will post the original Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the candidates.
6. Applicants who fail to register before September 30 will be regarded as giving up the scholarship.