In order to facilitate Chinese language promotion and Chinese cultural transmission in the world, cultivate qualified Chinese language teachers and talented students of Chinese language, Inner Mongolia University, by the authorization of Confucius Institute headquarters (Hanban)(hereinafter referred to as Hanban), enrolls Confucius Scholarship students in 2018 and provides financial aids to foreign students, scholars and Chinese language teachers.
I. Admissions Categories, Funding Targets & Eligibility
Admissions Categories: one-academic-year study students and one-academic-semester study students
Funding Targets: physically and mentally healthy non-Chinese citizens with no criminal records , between the age of 16 to 35(Applicants who currently work in Chinese language teaching shall not exceed the age of 45) and who aspire to engage in Chinese language education and teaching and its promotion
1.One-Academic-Year Study Students: Students enroll in September, 2018 and scholarship will be provided for 11 months. International students who are currently studying in China are not eligible for the program.
1.1 Chinese International Education: applicants should have a minimum score of 270 in HSK Test (Level 3), and a certificate of taking HSKK Test.
1.2 Chinese Literature, Chinese History and Chinese Philosophy: applicants should have a minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 4) and Intermediate Level Certificate of HSKK Test.
1.3 Chinese Language: applicants should have a minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 3)
2. One-Academic-Semester Study Students: Students enroll in September, 2018 or March, 2019. We provide scholarship for 5 months. International students who have X1 and X2 on their passports are not eligible.
2.1 We provide courses in Chinese International Education, Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese History and Chinese Philosophy. Applicants should have a minimum score of 210 in HSK Test (Level 3), and certificate of taking HSKK Test.
2.2 We also provide courses of Chinese Medicine and TaiJi culture courses. HSK score report is demanded in application.
3. Those students who won 2018 Academic Year Confucius Institute Scholarship Certificate in various Chinese Bridge Contests, please follow log onto Confucius Institute Scholarships website (http:// cis.chinese.cn) and finish the enrollment approval procedure with your scholarship certificate.
II Scholarship Coverage& Criteria
Confucius Institute Scholarship covers tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance(except for four-week program students) and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
1.Tuition fee is under the overall planning and utilization of Inner Mongolia University to provide teaching, management, Chinese language proficiency tests(HSK/HSKK), and cultural and social activities for scholarship holders. Tuition does not cover teaching material fees and fees for tourist spots.
2. Accommodation fee is under the overall planning and utilization of Inner Mongolia University who should provide scholarship holders with free dormitory rooms(usually double rooms). Those who live off campus with the permission of our university are entitled to accommodation allowance from the university on by month or by quarter. The allowance criteria are RMB 700 per person on monthly basis.
3.Living allowance is granted by our university on monthly basis. The allowance criteria per person are RMB 2500 per person on monthly basis; scholarship students should register on the scheduled day, or else scholarship qualification will be canceled; students who are enrolled before the 15th (or on the 15th ) of the admission month, are entitled to full allowance of that month; students who are enrolled after the 15th of that month are only entitled to half of the allowance; during the study, for any student who is absent from China of personal reasons for more than 15 days(excluding legal holidays), the allowance will be suspended during the absence; the living allowance for the month of graduation will be granted half a month later upon confirming the graduation status by our university; allowance will be terminated in case of schooling suspension, dropping out for personal reasons or school rules violation from the day of official notice.
4.Comprehensive medical insurance expense is purchased by our university in accordance to relevant regulations on international students stipulated by the Ministry of Education of China. The insurance fee per person is RMB 800 per year for one-academic-year study students, and RMB 400 per year for one-academic-semester study students.
III Admission Procedure
1. Since March 1st, 2018, applicants please log onto the Confucius Institute Scholarships website (http:// cis.chinese.cn) to register, inquire about IMU or other recommending institutes, complete the Confucius Institute Scholarships Application Form online; applicants please check the website (http:// cis.chinese.cn) for admission procedures, scholarship appraisal process and admission result.
2. Entrusted by Hanban, Confucius Institutes (independent Confucius Classrooms) in different countries,overseas Chinese language testing centers, educational and cultural sections of Chinese embassy and consulate, and host institutions in China are working as recommending institutions to engage in the applicant selection, materials review, host institutions connection and collecting and handing over applicants’ documents to host institutions.
3.Once application materials are verified by the Division of Scholarships of Hanban as valid, Inner Mongolia University will then review the eligibility of applicants and submit the pre-admission candidate list to Hanban. Then, Hanban will conduct an overall assessment of applications and admit applicants on the basis of competitive selection.
4. Application Deadline: June 20th, 2018 (school entrance date: September, 2018 )
December 20th, 2018(school entrance date: March, 2019 )
IV Application Documents
1. A scanned copy of the passport photo page
2. Score reports of the HSK, HSKK (period of validity: two years)
3. Recommendation letter signed by the head of the recommending institutions
4. Staff of Hanban should hand in employment certificate and recommendation letter issued from the hired institute
5.Certification of the highest education diploma(or proof of expected graduation), and an official transcript
6. Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit relevant documents of entrusted legal guardians in China.
If the following documents are not in Chinese or English version, Chinese or English notarization documents should be provided.
1. Incomplete or unqualified applications will not be processed.
2. Applicants will be disqualified from application in case of fraudulent application materials or application materials are completed and submitted by someone else.
3. Scholarship winners who can not register with our university on time should inform us about the reasons in written form within 15 days before the admission date. For those who do not register as requested without reasons, the scholarship will be canceled.
4.Scholarship will be canceled for those who do not pass the admission physical examination, drop out or take schooling suspension during the study.
VI. Contact Information
Mailing Address: International College of Education, Inner Mongolia University, No. 235 Daxue West Road, Saihan District, Hohhot City, Inner Mongolia, China
Postal Code: 010021
Contact Persons: Jiyagatai Baoyindeligen
Telephone: 0086-471-4995619(Office) 15947112215(Mobile)
0086-471-4992084(Office) 15849336410 (Mobile)
International College of Education, Inner Mongolia University http://iec.imu.edu.cn
Division of Scholarships, Confucius Institute Headquarters(Hanban) http:// cis.chinese.cn