East China Normal University Shanghai Government Scholarship Full Scholarship1 year ago - Uncategorized - Shanghai - 195 views Tuition Fees: Yes Accommodation: Yes Travel Expense: Unknown Monthly Stipend: Yes
Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship was established in 2006 with the aims to enhance the development of international student education in Shanghai and encourage more and more outstanding international students and scholars to ECNU.
Categories of Applicants
1) Type A (Full scholarship)
Applicants must be excellent international students in pursuit of degrees.
2) Type B (Partial scholarship)
Applicants must be excellent international students of degrees.
1) Type A
Exempt from tuition fee, and accommodation on campus; provide comprehensive medical insurance and monthly allowance (Doctoral students: CNY3500; Master students: CNY3000; Undergraduate: CNY2500)
2) Type B
Exempt from tuition fee, and provide comprehensive medical insurance.
1) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
2) Education background and age limit:
Applicants for bachelor’s degree program must have high school diploma and be under 25.
Applicants for master’s degree program must have bachelor’s degree and be under 35.
Applicants for doctoral degree program must have master’s degree and under 40.
3) Applicants cannot be the holders of any other kinds of Chinese government scholarship.
Admission result will be published on lxs.ecnu.edu.cn by mid June.
1. Application Form. Applicant should register and apply online at both ISO website: http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/application.php
and Shanghai Government Scholarship Website:www.study-Shanghai.org (the institutional code of ECNU is 10269), download the application form and print it out.
2. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy): Applicant who is university student or at work should also provide studying certificates from the university or working certificates from the company. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3. Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. A study or research plan. All applicants are required to submit a study or research plan. It must be in Chinese or in English and no less than 1000 words.
5. Recommendation letters: Applicants in pursuit of Master or Ph.D degree must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors.
6. Health certificate (photocopy).
7. Applicants for Chinese-taught majors should have obtained HSK of level 5 or above.
Applicants for English-taught programs must submit proof of English Language proficiency. 8. Applicants for Music major and Fine Arts must submit their own works.
8. Application fee: 800RMB.(Should be paid during the online application procedure on ECNU application website.)
9. Ph.D applicants should submit your published thesis, patents, or your other research achievements during your undergraduate study and the abstract part of your Master's thesis instead of the full text.
* Application documents sent by email or fax are not accepted.
* Application documents will not be returned whether the applicants are admitted by ECNU or not.
The application documents have to arrive at the International Students Office before May 15th.
Undergraduate Program Sun Xiaoqian: firstname.lastname@example.org
Master’s Program Shuai Xuanyu: email@example.com
PhD Program Yinyin firstname.lastname@example.org
Internationals Students Office, ECNU Tel: +86-21-62238353 Fax: +86-21-62238352 Add: Room 253, Physics Building, East China Normal University, 3663 North Zhongshan Road, Shanghai 200062, China Website:http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/
The intellectual wealth from Great China University, Kwang Hua and other universities and colleges laid a solid foundation for ECNU, while the transformation of departments in the early 1950s infused new effectiveness into ECNU. In March 1959, ECNU was officially recognized as one of the 16 key universities in China, and this status was reaffirmed in 1978.