1. Scholarship Coverage
The Graduate School of CAAS offers scholarship to graduates with excellent language proficiency and academic background. The GSCAASS covers tuition waiver, comprehensive medical insurance, accommodation, and stipend (Master’s students: 3,000 RMB per month, Doctoral students: 3,500 RMB per month). The medium of instruction is English.
There are 51 doctoral programs and 63 Master’s programs open to the international students. The basic study duration of both doctoral programs and Master’s programs are 3 academic years.
Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, be in good health, and be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the Master’s programs, and be a Master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
4. Application Time
November, 1st – December, 30th
5. Application Procedure
Login the “Online Application System for International Students at Graduate School of CAAS” http://184.108.40.206:8080/lxszs/usersManager/toLogin.do, and submit all the documents online as required.
6. Application Documents
(1) APPLICATION FORM FOR STUDY IN CAAS (online generated application form);
(2) Photocopy of passport (at least 2 years validity) personal information page;
(3) Highest diploma (notarized photocopy);
(4) Academic transcripts of the most advanced studies (Original copy or notarized photocopy);
(5) Two reference letters from two Professors or experts with equal titles in related fields (Original copy);
(6) CV and research proposal (no less than 400 words for visiting scholars, no less than 500 words for postgraduates);
(7) Language Proficiency Requirements: English Language Certificate; or score reports of TOEFL, IELTS, CEFR, etc.; or score reports of the Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK); (Optional)
(8) Photocopies of degree thesis abstract, complete thesis (in soft copy) needed if it is written in English, and abstracts of maximum 5 representative academic papers (full paper are preferred), please do not submit the photocopies of unpublished papers;
(9) Verification of current employer or working unit (NOC letter); (Optional)
(10) Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Please take health examination in the hospitals designated by the Chinese Embassy);
(11) Acceptance letter from host supervisor. (Optional)