Hatch Scholarship Of McMaster University - 2019 Tuition Fees Waiver1 month ago - Engineering - Hamilton - 10 views Tuition Fees: Yes Accommodation: No Travel Expense: No Monthly Stipend: No
- Value: $32,000 ($8,000 x 4 years – renewable)
- Eligibility for Award:
- Entering one of the following programs: Bachelor of Technology, Computer Science, Engineering
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or international student who completed final year of high school in Canada
- Admission average of 94% or higher
- Demonstrated leadership experience and attributes, involvement in extra-curricular and/or volunteer activities in the community
McMaster University resulted from the outgrowth of educational initiatives undertaken by Baptists as early as the 1830s. It was founded in 1881 as Toronto Baptist College. Canadian Senator William McMaster, the first president of the Canadian Bank of Commerce, bequeathed funds to endow a university, which was incorporated through a merger of Toronto Baptist College and Woodstock College, Woodstock, Ontario. In 1887 the Act to unite Toronto Baptist College and Woodstock College was granted royal assent, and McMaster University was officially incorporated.