Leadership Scholarships for New Students Of Canadian Mennonite University - 2019 Tuition Fees Waiver4 weeks ago - Economics - Winnipeg - 13 views Tuition Fees: Yes Accommodation: No Travel Expense: No Monthly Stipend: No
CMU offers four Leadership Scholarships to students who demonstrate significant leadership ability, academic excellence, personal character, service, and vision (maximum value, $14,000; $3,500 per year for up to four years).
To be eligible for a Leadership Scholarship, students must submit this form and have two nomination forms submitted from individuals closely involved in their particular area of leadership (e.g. teacher, coach, youth leader, pastor, or mentor). Students are also required to submit a detailed résumé and an essay. All applicants for the Leadership Scholarship who do not receive the scholarship will also be considered for one of our four Leadership Merit Awards worth $1,000 each for one year. All materials must be postmarked no later than February 28.
- Is completing a high school diploma or has no more than 9 credit hours of post-secondary education.
- Plans to enroll in full-time studies at CMU (minimum 12 credit hours per semester).
- Students must have a CMU Entrance Average of no less than 80%.
- Current and/or recent past leadership involvement (see below).
- Ongoing leadership participation and growth.
- Complete a Student Intention form and submit a 1000-word essay reflecting on growth in leadership over the past year and plans for leadership in the coming year. These are due by April 30 each year.
- GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester at CMU.
Please Note: Each year Merit Awards ($1,000–$1,500 per year up to four years) are given to students upon entering CMU. A student may apply for a Leadership Scholarship and also for one or all of the Merit Awards. However, students who are selected for a Leadership Scholarship cannot be selected to receive Merit Awards (Academic, Music, Business, or Athletic).