Liaoning Government Scholarship of Dalian Maritime University - 2019 Full Scholarship6 months ago - Agriculture - Dalian - 186 views Tuition Fees: Yes Accommodation: Yes Travel Expense: No Monthly Stipend: Yes
1. Scholarship Scope and Distribution
The Scholarship is aimed at assisting Doctorate students who apply for studying at Dalian Maritime University.
—Length of study: 3 years
—Duration of Scholarship: 3 years
—Students are exempt from registration fees, tuition, laboratory fees, internship fees, basic study materials, campus accommodation costs, and medical insurance.
— A living stipend is provided: 3,500RMB/month
Note: The international travelling expenses are covered by the student.
Doctoral Degree Programs
Duration of Study
Navigation Science and Technology *
Traffic Information Engineering & Control *
Marine Traffic Engineering *
Marine Engineering College
Marine Engineering *
School of Marine Electrical Engineering
Marine Electrical Engineering
Control Theory and Control Engineering
Information Science and Technology College
Information and Communication Engineering *
Computer Application Technology *
Transportation and Engineering College
Transportation Planning and Management
Logistics Engineering and Management *
Management Science and Engineering
Highway and Railway Engineering
Shipping Economics and Management School
Management Science and Engineering
School of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
Design and Construction of Naval Architecture and Ocean Structure
Rescue and Salvage Engineering
School of Law
Environmental Science and Engineering College
Environmental Science *
College of Marxism
Research on Chinese Marxism
Note: The specialties marked with a “*” can be conducted in English.
3. Qualifications for scholarship application
（1）Applicants must be foreign citizens in good health;
（2）Applicants must comply with the laws and decrees of China and the regulations of DMU；
（3）Applicants must have obtained a master’s degree recognized by the Ministry of Education, People’s Republic of China and not be older than 40;
（4）Applicants should be graduates of internationally known universities, or those universities that have established exchange programs with Dalian Maritime University. Applicants should have excellent grades and provide two professor recommendation letters;
（5）Your major of master’s degree should belong to the same discipline of the chosen doctoral degree program.
（6）The applicant should not be holding scholarships of any other category supported by Chinese Government or local governments in China.
4. Application time
Application is open until the April 30th.
5. Application Process
（1）The application materials should be sent to International Education College (IEC) of DMU on or before April 30th. IEC will select qualified applicants and send their documents to relevant faculties
（2）The list of nominated candidates will be decided by the experts of DMU. The results of the assessment will be announced on the website of IEC by end of May.
（3）DMU will report the results to Educational Department of Liaoning Provincial Government. Nominated candidates will be officially awarded Liaoning Provincial Government Scholarship with the approval from the above mentioned department.
（4）DMU will send the Admission Notice and Visa application form (JW202) to successful applicants by the end of July.
6. Application materials
The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely (application materials should be submitted in hard copy in triplicate).
(1) Liaoning Provincial Government Scholarship Application Form.
(2) Highest diploma (notarized photocopy): Notarized copies of bachelor’s degree and master’s degree should be submitted. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English. The notarized documents should be submitted in original copies.
Note: ① If you are a graduate of 2018, please submit an official proof of student status which must be marked with the expected graduation date and the time to obtain the prospective diploma.
② If you are an employed person, apart from the degree certificate and transcripts, please also submit your certificate of employment.
(3) Academic Transcripts: Notarized copies of transcripts of both undergraduate study and master’s degree study should be submitted. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English. The notarized documents should be submitted in original copies.
(4) Certificate of HSK: Certificate of HSK 5th level or above is required if you are applying for Chinese-medium programs. Applicants without an HSK certificate (5th level or above) should attend the Mandarin level test of the university. Those who get a result equivalent to HSK 5th level can start major study.
(5) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form: The photocopy must be enclosed with one photo of the applicant; the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form designated by Chinese quarantine authority could be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org and should be printed double-sided. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
(6) Study Plan: A study plan or research proposal written in Chinese shall be no fewer than 3000 words for doctoral degree study; a study plan or research proposal written in English shall be no fewer than 2500 words. The study plan or research proposal should include educational background and work experience, results of academic research, research plan for graduate study, and personal goals and plans after graduation, etc.
(7) Recommendation letters: Applicants should provide two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English. The notarized documents should be submitted in original copies.
(8) Photocopy of Valid Passport: The photocopies should include all the personal information pages of your passport.
(9) If the applicant has published a paper, received an award or scholarship or any other evidence of academic ability, the title, abstract and publication or any other valid documentation should be provided.