1. Non-Chinese Ph.D candidates;
2. Applicants should hold a master degree or above, over 18 years old and below 45 years old.
3. Applicants should achieve average score above 75% during master study period.
4. Applicants should graduate from International well-known universities (Both Undergraduate and Master Level). Scientific invention patent holders or applicants who had published papers in International known papers or magazines are highly preferred.
5. Prerequisite Language Requirements:
ü For Chinese Taught Programs, applicants should hold HSK 5 Certificate when apply.
ü For English Taught Programs, applicants should hold English Proficiency Certificate : TOEFL 60 or above; IELTS 5.5 or above (Except applicants from native English countries)
6. Other scholarship awardees can not enjoy NWU International Students Silk Road Scholarship at the same time.
II. Scholarship Coverage
1. Tuition waiver;
2. Free on-campus dormitory accommodation;
3. Monthly allowance: ¥3500RMB per person/per month for 12 months a year
4.Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for Intl Students in China;
III．Application Period: December 1st —March 15th
IV. Programs Available for application
Schools and Departments
Faculty of Liberal Arts
School of Cultural Heritage
School of Economics and Management
School of Public Administration
Department of Geology
Structural Geology, Mineralogy,; Petrology; and Ore deposits Studies, Geobiology, Quaternary Geology
School of Physics
College of Chemistry & Materials Science
Organic Chemistry, Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry
The College of Life Sciences
Biochemistry, Botany, Microbiology, Genetics, Cell Biology, Ecology, Zoology, Chinese Medicine
School of Mathematics
Basic Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics
School of Urban and Environmental Science
Physical Geography, Human Geography
School of Chemical Engineering
Chemical Engineering, Chemical Technology, Applied Chemistry, Energy Chemical Engineering
Institute of Analytical Science
Applied Computer Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science and Technology
Institute for Chinese Thought and Culture
Institute of Middle Eastern Studies
Institute of Silk Road Studies
Institute of Analytical Science
V. Application Documents
1. Application Form for Foreign Students to NWU with signature;
2. Copy of Passport photo page;
3. Notarized highest diploma (Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date);
4. Academic transcripts;
5. A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English with a minimum of 800 words;
6. Two recommendation letters in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors;
7. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy, written in English, can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.);
8. The copy of valid Language Certificate;
9. Acceptance letter of NWU supervisor (Students hold acceptance letter will be highly preferred);
10. Notarized Non-criminal Record (please contact to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information);
11.The relative invention patents or published academic papers
Notes: Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations. Applicants should submit TWO sets of bound documents to NWU. No application documents will be returned.
VI. Application Procedure
1. Contact a supervisor of NWU for acceptance letter;
2.Complete online application at http://nwu.17gz.org, print and sign the
Application Form for Foreign Students to NWU ;
3. Email all the clear E-documents to email@example.com;
4. Once approved, please post all paper documents to Intl. Student Admission office of NWU.
1. Application Organization:
International Student Admissions office, School of International Cultural Exchanges, Northwest University
2. Admission Letters and Visa application form
The School of International Cultural Exchange holds the right to make final admission decisions upon reviewing the application documents. Admitted students will receive the admission letter and JW202 (the visa application form) via mail.