In order to attract excellent international candidates to pursue their degree study in China, Zhengzhou University establishes "Zhengzhou University Scholarships for Excellent International Students ".
A.THE SCHEME OF ZHENGZHOU UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS FOR EXCELLENT INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
|Number||Scholarship Type||Value of the Scholarship||Duration||Size|
|1||First Rank||One-time subsidy of CNY 12,000||One year non-renewable||top 2% of the batch|
|2||Second Rank||One-time subsidy of CNY 8,000||One year non-renewable||top 3%of the batch|
|3||Third Rank||One-time subsidy of CNY 5,000||One year non-renewable||top 5%of the batch|
|4||Specialties||One-time subsidy of CNY 3,000||One time|| |
B.QUALIFICATION AND PREREQUISITE
1. International students in undergraduate and postgraduate programs, with their study period more than one year (including one year) can apply for this scholarship. International student with Chinese government scholarship or students in their extended study period cannot apply for this scholarship..
2. All applicants should strictly abide by the laws and regulation of Chinese government & the rules of Zhengzhou University, participate in school and social welfare and activities actively, and behave well in their daily life..
3. All applicants should excel in their academic performances. They should accomplish all compulsory and elective courses with outstanding result of top 30%..
4. For undergraduate applicants, they should study hard with clear learning objectives and class attendance more than 90%; and the total courses chosen for each semester should be four or more..
5. For postgraduate applicant, they should accomplish:
Win the third or higher prize in national or international competition, or. Publish at least one academic article in eminent national or international journals cited in SCI, EI, ISTP, A & HCI or CSSCI, or publish one academic book.
6. Students of the following types can not apply this scholarship:
- Violating the relevant provisions of entry exit administration with punishment;
- Infringement of social morality with the harmful effect;
- Serious violation of school rules;
- Cheating and other prohibited acts in examination;
- Bullying and violence;
- Other misconducts with punishment more than warning;
- Having not paid the tuition or accommodation fee.
C. SELECTION CRITERIA
The academic performance of all courses in previous academic year is the major criterion in selection, which accounts for 85%. The overall performance, such as, attendance, behaviors of following regulations and rules will also be taken into consideration, which accounts for 15%.
The academic performance is assessed by the score of each of courses. The scheme of general score is as following:
General Academic Score = ∑XiWi / ∑Wi
Xi is the score of the course; Wi is the credit of that course. For some courses the assessment is the scale, not the score, it will be treated in following way: Excellent =90, good=80, average=70, pass=60, fail=40, cheating or breaking regulations=0.
For general performance, 100 is the full mark. Full attendance is 100 and 1 point will be deducted for absence once. 5 points will be deducted for breaking regulations. 2 points will be added for taking part in one activity organized by university. 1-5 points can be added for students representatives (to be decided by Students Advisor and students themselves). The final score will be the total points time 15%.
Student has to fill the Application Form for Outstanding International Student Scholarship of Zhengzhou University and submit it to Students Management Office. Students Advisors will work out the students academic performance ranking within the top 30%. A ranking list will be posted when the final academic performance and general performance score are added together. Students Management Office will make the decision on the candidate list with the approval of Scholarship Evaluation Committee of School of International Education. The candidate list will be noticed to public. If there is any need for review, the authority of School of International Education can call on a meeting for review.
As a national key university of “Double First Rank University” project, it is funded by the Henan Provincial Government and the State Ministry of Education, Zhengzhou University was founded through the merger of three universities: former Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou University of Technology and Henan Medical University. Zhengzhou University has an abundance of resources. The University now has four main campuses occupying an area of 1070 acres, of which the New Campus comprises 799 acres.