Shanghai Ocean University President’s Scholarship - 2019 Partial Scholarship6 months ago - Economics - Shanghai - 176 views Tuition Fees: Yes Accommodation: Yes Travel Expense: No Monthly Stipend: Yes
The University President’s Scholarship is divided into Type A, Type B and Type C.
• Type A:
1) Waiver of tuition fee
2) free on-campus living accommodations
3) monthly living allowance
4) Comprehensive Medical Insurance Coverage
• Type B:
1）waiver of tuition fee
2）Comprehensive Medical Insurance Coverage
• Type C:
1）partial scholarship, covering half of the tuition fee
2）Comprehensive Medical Insurance Coverage
II. Available programs: All majors are acceptable to apply.
1. Applicant Eligibility：
• Be a non-Chinese citizen in good health.
• Be a high school graduate under the age of 35 when applying for Bachelor programs
• Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for master’s programs.
• Be a master’s degree holder under the age of 45 when applying for doctoral programs.
2. Application Deadline: Jun. 30th , 2019 Application Procedure
Step 1: Register online and complete the application form (SHOU application form for International Students).
Step 2: Pay application fee of RMB400 online or by bank transfer.
Bank of Deposit: Agricultural Bank of China, Shanghai Branch
(Beneficiary\’s Bank in China) SWIFT: ABOCCNBJ090
Beneficiary\’s A/C NO: 03867300040009466
Beneficiary\’s Name: SHANGHAI OCEAN UNIVERSITY
Beneficiary\’s Address: 999 Huchenghuan Road, 201306, Shanghai, China.
Note: Please indicate student name on bank transfer receipt and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for confirmation.
Step 3 Submit all application materials to email@example.com.
4. Application Materials
1) Complete SHOU online application form at: admissions.shou.edu.cn
2) Passport copy
• A clear copy of your valid passport with name, photo, birth date, place of birth, date of issue, and date of expiry clearly visible.
• Visa page is required for applicants who are currently living outside their country of residence
3) Degree certificate and transcripts of previous education
If applying for Bachelor Degree programs, please provide: High school graduation certificate and transcripts of all grades.
If applying for Master’s Degree programs, please provide: Bachelor Degree Certificate and Transcripts of all grades.
If applying for Doctoral Degree programs, please provide: Bachelor & Master’s Degree Certificate and Transcripts of all grades.
• Copies of the original certificate with the school’s official stamp and/or the signature of the principal. If the originals are not in Chinese or English, they must be translated and notarized.
• For applicants who haven’t graduated, pending receipt of graduation certificate, copies of all transcripts available at the time of application are acceptable. However, official graduation certificate and transcripts of all grades must be submitted promptly after being received.
4) Language Proficiency Certificate
l If you are applying for Chinese-taught programs, please provide HSK Certificate received within the last2 years:
Ø For undergraduate Applicants: HSK 4with a score above 180
Ø For postgraduate Applicants: HSK 5with a score above 180
l If you are applying for English-taught programs, please provide Certificate of IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL IBT 80 or above, received within the last two years. Students submitting any other English proficiency certificate may be asked to provide supplementary materials. Applicants whose native language is English do not need to provide these documents.
5) Personal Statement:
An essay statement written in English or Chinese on one page of A4 size paper.
Introduce why you are applying – describe your interest and enthusiasm for your chosen major, and how your previous studies or experiences relate to it. Describe what makes you suitable, such as relevant skills, experience, or achievements gained from previous education, work, and other activities.
Applicants for Master’s and Doctoral Programs need to provide these additional documents:
Written in English or Chinese, including your personal information, educational background, work or intern experience, achievements so far, etc.
7) Research Proposal:
Written in English or Chinese, including research achievements thus far (e.g. title and abstracts of graduation thesis or published paper), reasons for choosing SHOU, study objectives while attending SHOU, future research and career plans, etc.
8) Two Recommendation Letters:
Written in English or Chinese by 2 different professors or associate professors from previous academic institutions. Can also include work supervisors, etc.
IV. Acceptance Department:
International Student Admissions Office of International Cultural Exchange School of Shanghai Ocean University