Login for faster access to the best deals. Click here if you don't have an account.

Undergraduate Education Bursary for International Students Of University of Ottawa - 2019 Tuition Fees Waiver

1 month ago Commerce Guelph 4 views Tuition Fees: Yes Accommodation: No Travel Expense: No Monthly Stipend: No
Scholarship Details

Value

$10,000 ($1,250 per term)

Description

This bursary is automatically applied to students who pay international tuition fees and who enrol in any undergraduate program at the University of Ottawa except for Faculty of Engineering and Telfer School of Management programs. Recipients must meet the following conditions:

  • be newly admitted (for the first time) in either the Fall 2019, Winter 2020 or Spring 2020 terms;
  • be enrolled as a full-time student;
  • pay the international tuition fees listed in the fee schedule that takes effect in September 2019;
  • not be participating in a CO-OP work term; and
  • not be enrolled as a special student.

Students do not need to apply for this bursary: the University will automatically apply it to the tuition fees that eligible students pay. The bursary will be allocated each term for the duration of the program (including the summer term) as long as the bursary’s conditions are met.

This bursary cannot be combined with the differential tuition fee exemption for international students studying in French.

Note that students taking ESL (English-as-a-second-language) courses during their first term of studies (as of Fall 2019) will be eligible for this bursary once they have enrolled in their faculty.

University Description
The university was established on 26 September 1848 as the College of Bytown by the first Roman Catholic bishop of Ottawa, Joseph-Bruno Guigues. He entrusted administration to the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate.[14] The college was originally located in Lower Town, housed in a wooden building next to the Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica. However, space quickly became an issue for administrators, triggering two moves in 1852 and a final move to Sandy Hill in 1856.