University of Science and Technology of China CAS "The Belt and Road" Master Fellowship - 2019 Full Scholarship7 months ago - Economics - Hefei - 72 views Tuition Fees: Yes Accommodation: Yes Travel Expense: No Monthly Stipend: Yes
“The Belt and Road” Master Fellowship Programme is launched in connection with the International Outreach Initiative of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). It provides opportunities for the students/scholars from the countries along the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-Century Maritime Silk Road (the Belt and Road) to pursue Master degrees at the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) or University of CAS or CAS institutes around China.
1. Coverage of the Fellowship
Monthly stipend of RMB 4,000 to cover accommodation, local transportation expenses, health insurance, and other basic living expenses.
The funding duration of the fellowship is up to 3 years, divided into:
1) Maximum 1 year study of courses and participation in centralized training at USTC, including 4 months compulsory courses in Chinese Language and Chinese Culture;
2) Practical research and completion of degree dissertations at colleges and schools of USTC.
2. Programs available
All the master programs offered at USTC for international students are open for the fellowship applicants.
3. General conditions for applicants
1) Citizens from the Belt and Road countries other than China;
2) Be maximum age of 30 on 31 December 2018;
3) Holding a bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational degree;
4) English or Chinese language proficiency. Applicants whose native language is not English should provide unexpired TOEFL or IELTS scores. TOEFL scores should be 90 or higher, and IELTS scores should be 6.5 or higher. Applicants are not required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score only if:
a) native language is English, or
b) undergraduate courses are conducted in English/Chinese, which should be stated in transcripts, or
c) have passed HSK level 3 or level 4
5) Have not accepted any other sponsorship at the time of application and should not accept any other sponsorship during the funding period of this fellowship.
4. Application time
From Dec.15th, 2018 to March 31st, 2019
5. Application procedures and documents
1) submit online application in USTC online application system: http://isa.ustc.edu.cn/
2) Application documents:
² Photocopy of passport (ordinary passport with validity of at least 1 year);
² A study or research proposal (no less than 800 words);
² Personal resume;
² Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors (with phone number and email address);
² Chinese or English language certificate (the photocopy of valid HSK, IELTS or TOFEL result or other proof of their English proficiency (except those whose mother tongue is English);
² Photocopy of degree certificate and academic transcript for both Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree (if have) notarized by Ministry of Education or equivalent authority in your country;
a) If applicants are university students, they must provide official documents showing their status as university students and stating clearly when they will obtain the degree certificate;
b) If applicants already graduated but have not yet obtained the degree certificate, they must provide official documents explaining the reasons and stating clearly when they will obtain the degree certificate;
c) If applicants are already employed, they must provide official documents showing their status as on-post employees and permission of release.
Notes: Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English. For more details, please refer to USTC admission website: http://isa.ustc.edu.cn
USTC was established in Beijing in September 1958, moved to Hefei City, the capital city of Anhui province, in the early 1970’s, and set up the first graduate school in China in 1978 to effectively cultivate its postgraduate students. Since its very beginning, CAS has adopted a policy of running the university with resources of the entire CAS and integrating each of its departments with relevant CAS research institutes. It has been one of the first institutions included in China's 985 Program and Project 211, and the only university participating in the National Program for Knowledge Innovation. It is one of the C9 League, an association of nine top Chinese universities.