University of Science and Technology of China CAS-TWAS President's Fellowship Programme for Doctoral Candidates - 2019 Full Scholarship5 months ago - Economics - Hefei - 35 views Tuition Fees: Yes Accommodation: Yes Travel Expense: No Monthly Stipend: Yes
According to the agreement between the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) for the advancement of science in developing countries, CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship Programme provides students/scholars (other than China) an opportunity to pursue PhD degrees at University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) or University of CAS or CAS institutes around China.
1. Coverage of the Fellowship
Fellowship awardees will also receive a monthly stipend (including accommodation and other living expenses, local travel expenses and health insurance) of RMB 7,000 or RMB 8,000, depending on whether he/she has passed the qualification test arranged by the university for all PhD candidates after admission.
The funding duration of the fellowship is up to 4 years, divided into:
1) Maximum 1 year study of courses and participation in centralized training at USTC, including 4 months compulsory courses in Chinese Language and Culture;
2) Practical research and completion of degree thesis at USTC.
2. Programs available
All the doctoral programs offered at USTC for international students are open for the fellowship applicants.
3. General conditions for applicants
1) Not hold Chinese citizenship;
2) Be maximum age of 35 years on 31 December 2018
3) Hold a master degree before the beginning of the fall semester: 1 September, 2018.
4) Provide proof of knowledge of English or Chinese language.
5) Not take up other assignments during the period of his/her fellowship;
6) Provide evidence that he/she will return to their home country on completion of their studies in China according to CAS-TWAS agreement.
1) Applicants currently pursuing doctoral degrees at any university/institution in China are NOT eligible for this fellowship;
2) Applicants CANNOT apply for two universities simultaneously.
4. Application time
From Dec.15th, 2018 to March 31st, 2019
5. Application procedures and documents
1) submit online application in the Fellowship online application system:
2) submit online application in USTC online application system: http://isa.ustc.edu.cn/
3) Application documents:
² Application form
² Copy of passport's first page
² A certified true copy of the original degree certificate (fresh graduates can provide pre-graduation certificates when applying)
² A certified true copy of transcripts of both undergraduate and post-graduate education
² Two separate letters of recommendation
² Research proposal
² Personal resume
² Photocopies of all the title pages and abstracts of published academic papers
² Proof of knowledge of English and/or Chinese
² Foreigner Physical Examination Form
Notes: All the above documents must be in English or Chinese, otherwise notarial translations in English or Chinese are required. For more details, please refer to USTC admission website: http://isa.ustc.edu.cn
USTC was established in Beijing in September 1958, moved to Hefei City, the capital city of Anhui province, in the early 1970’s, and set up the first graduate school in China in 1978 to effectively cultivate its postgraduate students. Since its very beginning, CAS has adopted a policy of running the university with resources of the entire CAS and integrating each of its departments with relevant CAS research institutes. It has been one of the first institutions included in China's 985 Program and Project 211, and the only university participating in the National Program for Knowledge Innovation. It is one of the C9 League, an association of nine top Chinese universities.