Victoria Tongarewa Scholarship Of Victoria University of Wellington Partial Scholarship2 months ago - Agriculture - Wellington - 14 views Tuition Fees: Yes Accommodation: No Travel Expense: No Monthly Stipend: No
Victoria Tongarewa Scholarship
$5,000 or $10,000. See additional information
TENURE OF AWARD:
CLOSING DATES FOR APPLICATIONS:
31 October 2018
31 October 2019
NUMBER OF AWARDS OFFERED:
See additional information
History or background of award
The Victoria Tongarewa Scholarship (“the Scholarship”) celebrates Victoria’s committment to our international student community. These scholarships will provide partial fee-based scholarships for one year. Applicants can be either entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree programme at Victoria University of Wellington.
Purpose of award
Scholarships for study in the following year will be awarded competitively on the basis of academic excellence. Scholarships will be credited to tuition fees. Shortlisted candidates may be requested to undertake a skype interview.
Applicants must be international full fee-paying students who have not completed their secondary education at a New Zealand secondary school or their prerequisite degree at Victoria University of Wellington.
How do students apply?
• Complete the online application available from the link below.
• Attach any relevant transcripts or documentation as requested.
• Attach a one-page personal statement, explaining your reason for wishing to attend Victoria University of Wellington, the academic goals you hope to achieve and why you believe you merit the scholarship. You should also include any leadership positions and details of your involvement in your school or community. Please provide an outline of your personal circumstances, including details of financial difficulties. More infomation may be requested if necessary.
The Scholarship will comprise a partial fees scholarship. Up to 10 scholarships of NZ$10,000 will be available to both undergraduate and postgraduate recipients and up to 9 scholarships of NZ$5,000 will be available to postgraduate recipients. Scholarships will be paid towards tuition fees.
Recipients of the Victoria Tongarewa Scholarship are guaranteed an offer of a place in one of our Halls of Residence, provided an accommodation application is received by the Accommodation Service by 1 October.
Selection will be made by a panel made up of appropriate Victoria International staff.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Successful applicants will be advised by email after the application deadline.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
• The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with another award.
• The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
• Should the recipient withdraw during the year partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
• At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact:
Position: The Scholarships Office
Organisation: Victoria University of Wellington
Address: PO Box 600 Wellington 6140 New Zealand
Phone: +64 4 463 5557
The university is well known for its programmes in law, the humanities, and some scientific disciplines, and offers a broad range of other courses. Entry to all courses at first year is open, and entry to second year in some programmes (e.g. law, criminology, creative writing, architecture, engineering is restricted.
Victoria had the highest average research grade in the New Zealand Government's Performance-Based Research Fund exercise in 2012, having been ranked 4th in 2006 and 3rd in 2003. Victoria has been ranked 229th in the World's Top 500 universities by the QS World University Rankings (2015), an increase of 46 from the 2014 ranking.