ZHENGZHOU UNIVERSITY PRESIDENT SCHOLARSHIP Of Zhengzhou University - 2019 Partial Scholarship6 months ago - Economics - Zhengzhou - 697 views Tuition Fees: Yes Accommodation: Yes Travel Expense: No Monthly Stipend: Yes
To enhance international exchange & cooperation and encourage more excellent international students to study, Zhengzhou University hereby introduces "Zhengzhou University President Scholarship" (hereinafter referred to as the scholarship).
The scholarship aims to sponsor international postgraduate students to pursue theirdegree, especially the doctor degree, in Zhengzhou University. The duration of scholarhip varies from 3-4 years according to duration of full time master and doctor program. The coverage of scholarship is shown in the following.
I Supporting Category and Duration
Duration of Program
Duration of Scholarship
2—3 school years
2—3 school years
3—4 school years
3—4 school years
II Coverage and Standard
Full or Partial tuition
Note：Registration fee, textbooks, thesis defense, medical check-up, medical insurance, medical clinics, residence permit and other expenses are afforded by students themselves.
III Instruction Languages
Generally, the teaching language is Chinese, and some programs are taught in English. Please visit (http://international.zzu.edu.cn/) for details.
IV Time of Application
For spring semester: From the year of 15th November till the following year 15th January.
For autumn semester: From the year 1st March till 30th June (all students)
1. Non-Chinese citizen, physically healthy, without crime record;
2. Abide by the laws and regulations of the People's Republic of China as well as regulations of ZZU;
3. Good learning attitude and academic performance;
4. Requirements for applicant's degree and age:
1) Applicants for master program should have a bachelor degree or higher degree or equivalent degree, and aged less than 35 years old;
2) Applicants for doctoral program should have a master's degree (for Pakistan applicants, should be 18 years master) or higher degree or equivalent degree, and aged less than 45 years old;
5. Requirements for applicant's language competence:
1) Applicants for doctoral and master programs taught in Chinese must get HSK Level 5 scored 210 or highe in New HSK Examination;
2) Applicants for doctoral and master programs taught in English must get 6.5 or higher (or equivalent level) in IELTS if they are from non-English speaking countries;
3) Applicants for doctoral and master programs taught in English must provide credentials of English level, certificate of English study and examination for instance, instead of IELTS or TOFEL score.
Note：Applicants who have won the Chinese Government Scholarship, Confucius Institute Scholarships, scholarships of foreign authorities, scholarships of foreign enterprises, scholarships of Chinese local governments, scholarships of Chinese enterprises or all the other scholarships are not allowed to apply for this scholarship.
VI Application Documents
Applicants must fill in Application Form and submit the following supporting documents:
1. Original or notarized copies of highest degree (applicants must additionally submit study certificate or employment certificate issued by the applicants' schools if the applicants are students or employed). Documents in neither Chinese nor English must be attached with a notarized Chinese or English translations;
2. Applicants for master programs must provide original or notarized copies of bachelor study transcripts, and doctoral programs bachelor and master study transcripts. Documents in neither Chinese nor English must be attached with a notarized Chinese or English translations;
3. Applicants for master programs must provide study plans of 800 words, and for doctoral programs must provide research proposal of 2000 words written in Chinese or English;
4. Applicants for master and doctoral programs must provide two letters of recommendation from associate professors or professors respectively written in Chinese or English;
5. Applicants for programs of art must submit other documents as in the requirements of ZZU;
6. Officially test results of Chinese or English language;
7. Original or notarized copies of Foreigner Physical Examination Form and blood test reports, filled in Chinese or English;
8. Original or notarized copies of certificates of no criminal record. Documents in neither Chinese nor English must be attached with a notarized Chinese or English translations.
VII Process of Application
1. Visit the website for more information about the program and teaching language： http://international.zzu.edu.cn.
2. Prepare all application documents as required in the list of "application documents". The deadline for PhD program submission is January 15 and June 15 for March and September intake respectively; the deadline for master program is June 15 for September intake.
3. Log in on "ZZU Online Application System for International Students" to submit online applications. http://apply.zzu.edu.cn
VIII Process of Admission
1. ZZU assess all application documents, and announces the result of application of scholarship online 4-6weeks after deadline of submission.
IX Visa Processing
Scholarship fellow should apply for their study visas in Chinese embassies in their own countries in person with their own ordinary passports,Letter of Admission, Visa Application for Study in China, Foreigner Physical Examination Form and blood test reports. Those studying in China with other types of passports and visas are deemed ineligible for the Scholarship.
Scholarship fellow should register on campus and complete the registration procedures ahead of ZZU deadline with their own passports,Letter of Admission and Visa Application for Study in China. Those who cannot register at the scheduled time for any reason must apply for leave from ZZU in written form attached with their credentials. The leave, in principle, must be less than two weeks and those who fail to apply for leave or stay beyond the deadline are deemed to have forfeited their qualifications for enrollment and the Scholarship. Scholarship fellow shall pay other expenses if registering in advance.
XI Physical Examination and Residence Registration
1. Scholarship fellow must register for accommodation on campus and report to local police station in the area under administration in 24 hours upon arrival at ZZU;
2. Scholarship fellow must undergo health examination in local health quarantine administration in 7 days upon arrival at ZZU. Those who fail to conduct the examination or banned from entry to China for suffering some diseases specified in the laws of the People's Republic of China after examination shall be ordered to exit China before the deadline and they shall be spontaneously deprived of their qualifications for the Scholarship;
3. Scholarship fellow, after passing the health examination, must conduct the procedures for residence permit in the local exit and entry administration in 30 days since they arrive in China.
XII Major Change,Transfer and Extension
Scholarship fellow are not allowed to change their majors, transfer to other schools or extend their study duration after they arrive in China. For scholarship fellow that need to change their majors, transfer to other schools, or extend their study duration in special cases, their schools must file applications to the provincial department of education and as soon as the applications are approved, their requested change of major, transfer or extension of study duration shall be made. Those who take the liberty to change majors, transfer to other schools or extend their study duration shall be deprived of their qualifications as scholarship fellow.
XIII Annual Scholarship Review
In order to enhance the incentive function of the Scholarship, ZZU makes annual review of scholarship fellow whose study duration is over 1 year and decides whether to continue to offer financial aid for them in the following school year.